The Childcare BC New Spaces Fund provides funding to create new licensed child care, helping families access affordable, quality child care and strengthening communities across British Columbia.The second call for applications will continue in the third year of the Government’s space creation commitment. Through the New Spaces Fund, the Ministry of Children and Family Development is seeking to maximize the number of spaces in high need areas across the province by focusing on community planning and child care needs.
Please review the updated Funding Guidelines for the second call for applications.
This funding is available to support the creation, expansion and relocation of child care facilities proposing to create new licensed child care spaces. The following applicants are eligible to apply:
- Public sector organizations, including local governments, school boards, health authorities and public post-secondary institutions
- Indigenous Governments
- Non-profit societies, including non-profit child care providers, child development centres, and Indigenous non-profit societies
- Businesses and Corporate companies, including partnerships, sole proprietors, limited companies and incorporated companies
Please review the Funding Guidelines for a complete list of the eligibility requirements.
Per project, eligible applicants can receive up to:
- $3 million for up to 100% of eligible project costs for public sector organizations and Indigenous Governments
- $1.5 million for up to 100% of eligible project costs for Indigenous non-profit societies
- $1.5 million for up to 90% of eligible project costs for non-profit societies, including non-profit child care providers and child development centres
- $250,000 for up to 75% of eligible project costs for child care providers that are businesses or corporate companies
First Application Window
|Internal Review||May 12th – July 31st, 2020|
|Decision Point||September 2020|
Second Application Window
|Call for Applications Open||July 2nd, 2020|
|Call for Applications Closed||November 1st, 2020 (4:30pm)|
|Internal Review||November 2nd – February 1st, 2021|
|Decision Point||February 2021|